Australian business owners are busy people. Your time is money. You’ve tried some marketing strategies, social media, or even paid ads but still aren’t getting results. Digital marketing in Sydney and Australia can be tricky. We get it.
In this blog article, we’ll guide you to the juicy bits free from the fluff. You’re going to discover the top 9 organic ways to turn your website into an online marketing tool. You’ll learn how to attract and nurture leads and automate processes to free up your time so you can accelerate your growth, authority and impact.
Hi, I’m Kelvin. Owner and founder of Karasu Designs, a web consultant agency based in Sydney, Australia. We’ve been helping local businesses big and small since 2010. We’re going to cover a lot in this article. If at any point you feel confused or need help figuring any of this out, book a Clarity Call and I’m happy to have a chat and guide you in the right direction.
Why is your website crucial for your business in 2021 and beyond?
Websites are crucial for the success of a business, now more than ever. With the web being such a dominant force in the 21st century, it’s essential to invest in your website and figure out how to make it the best it can be. The COVID-19 pandemic has made this more evident than ever, not only in Australia but worldwide. Many businesses had to go digital/online or risk shutting down.
Web traffic is through the roof. And even after the lockdown is lifted, demand for most services will remain since customers have learned to enjoy the ease of doing more things remotely. Also, when lockdowns end, buyers will be looking to spend again. That means buyers are researching now, planning their future splurges.
Is your website ready? Or will your competitors get the business?
How does your website affect you and your business if not done properly?
What does your website say about your business? Does it build trust and effectively promote your products or services? Or does it scare away potential customers? Think of it as customer service but online, 24/7. If your website is done right, you build brand awareness, loyalty, trust, so customers come back and/or recommend you to their friends and family. When done wrong, you lose their confidence. Your potential clients may give you bad reviews and recommend their friends and family NOT to go with you.
Our lovely client Denby was conned for 3 years by a dodgy web designer and developer who clearly neglected their duties. Denby is a fantastic Sydney-based interior designer that wanted a website that represented her and spoke to her ideal clients. The “designer” continuously lied to Denby for over 3 years. In the end, she only received a glitchy, half-broken site with software that was updated in 2018! Her website was plagued with issues inside out. This caused her to lose time and money. Luckily, she reached out to us. We exposed the con and then cleaned, fixed and transformed her site into the website Denby wanted and deserved.
Top 9 ways to turn your website into an online marketing tool
Each of the 9 is important and effective on its own as it solves a specific problem. But the more you do, the more you transform your website into a successful online marketing tool – the faster you accelerate your growth, authority and impact. Take a look at which ones you are already doing and which you need to do for your business.
1. Get clarity and direction on your business and customer’s objectives
- Identify what is working well.
- Identify what needs fixing on your website, including SEO (search engine optimisation).
- Get actionable insights on what to work on first.
2. Build out your roadmap to success
- Identify your target audience, target market and ideal client.
- Identify your business objectives, website goals and customer insights.
- Build a roadmap for short term, mid term and long term success.
- Get clarity on where/how to start to achieve your goals.
- Remove the roadblocks keeping you from reaching your goals.
- Develop a strategy and build a roadmap to guide how to execute it.
3. Plan by stepping into your audience’s shoes
- If you were the customer, how would you search and find the service or product?
- What would they like to know, feel, see, about your product or service?
- When in their website journey would they need to experience the above?
“A great customer centric user experience increases conversions by up to 400%”.
4. Influence how your audience feel with bespoke copywriting
- Present your best version of your offerings via engaging storytelling.
- Make your audience feel and behave a certain way.
- Write ongoing up-to-date content to bring customers back to your site.
5. Give a great first impression
- Create an unforgettable and memorable experience with unique visual appeal.
- A study showed that 94% of people trust a business based on the visual appeal of their website.
- Dictate how your audience feels and interacts with your brand/business by using the best user interface and user experience design practices.
- Great web design contributes to 75% of your business credibility.
6. Build a strong foundation for your online marketing tool with WordPress
- Leverage the power and options of WordPress, the world’s largest platform.
- Enjoyed by companies such as Sony, Disney and BBC.
- Scale your site based on your business needs easily with fewer restrictions.
- Enjoy additional SEO benefits with a WordPress site build.
7. Get found faster and easier on Google, Bing, Yahoo search
- Climb up the organic search rankings with researched keywords optimisation.
- Increase your online visibility and authority on search engines.
- Educate your ideal audience with ongoing engaging content.
- Build a network of links to increase your network of.
8. Optimise your website’s speed
- Ensure your website is optimised to perform at the best it can.
- Avoid SEO penalties that get applied to slow, underperforming websites.
- Attack customers with a fast-loading site – if your website is slow to load, they’ll go elsewhere.
9. Perform ongoing website maintenance & support
- Keep your website backed up and working at its best.
- Make sure your server/website software is always up to date and secure from hackers/malware.
- Check that your website is up and running 24/7.
- Sleep easy at night and stress less. No more nightmares of your website going down.
- Have a reliable team for professional website support when you need it most.
- You wouldn’t want people landing on a slow, broken, buggy or insecure site, right?
10. Engage and collect leads automatically
- Create quality content that educates your clients.
- Engage with quizzes, case studies, cheatsheets, factsheets, e-books and checklists.
- Spread your knowledge in more places and formats.
- Build a system to capture these new leads.
Was that helpful?
How many of the above are you doing for your business right now?
How many do you want to have done?
If you manage to do all the above tips, congratulations! You are truly on your way on turning your website into an online marketing tool. If not, that’s okay. Our Inception Method covers all of the 10 tips. Make your website work for you. Collect leads instead of dust.
I know that was a lot to take in. If you ever need more info or want to talk about any of this more, simply book a free Clarity Call and chat with one of the team to see if we can help you.
Download our Cheatsheet to get started
Have questions? Book in a call
YES, LET'S ACCELERATE GROWTH, AUTHORITY & IMPACT
If any of this is overwhelming to you. Simply book a Clarity Call. It’s free and we promise we won’t sell you anything. Talk to a human being that actually listens to you to see if we can help you.