Australian business owners are busy people. Your time is money. You’ve tried some marketing strategies, social media, or even paid ads but still aren’t getting results. Digital marketing in Sydney and Australia can be tricky. We get it.
In this blog article, we’ll guide you to the juicy bits free from the fluff. You’re going to discover the top 9 organic ways to turn your website into a marketing machine. You’ll learn how to attract and nurture leads and automate processes to free up your time so you can accelerate your growth, authority and impact.
Hi, I’m Kelvin. Owner and founder of Karasu Designs, a web consultant agency based in Sydney, Australia. We’ve been helping local businesses big and small since 2010. We’re going to cover a lot in this article. If at any point you feel confused or need help figuring any of this out, book a Clarity Call and I’m happy to have a chat and guide you in the right direction.
Why is your website crucial for your business in 2021?
Websites are crucial for the success of a business, now more than ever. With the web being such a dominant force in the 21st century, it’s essential to invest in your website and figure out how to make it the best it can be. The COVID-19 pandemic has made this more evident than ever, not only in Australia but worldwide. Many businesses had to go digital/online or risk shutting down.
Web traffic is through the roof. And even after the lockdown is lifted, demand for most services will remain since customers have learned to enjoy the ease of doing more things remotely. Also, when lockdowns end, buyers will be looking to spend again. That means buyers are researching now, planning their future splurges.
Is your website ready? Or will your competitors get the business?
How does your website affect you and your business if not done properly?
What does your website say about your business? Does it build trust and effectively promote your products or services? Or does it scare away potential customers? Think of it as customer service but online, 24/7. If your website is done right, you build brand awareness, loyalty, trust, so customers come back and/or recommend you to their friends and family. When done wrong, you lose their confidence. Your potential clients may give you bad reviews and recommend their friends and family NOT to go with you.
Our lovely client Denby was conned for 3 years by a dodgy web designer and developer who clearly neglected their duties. Denby is a fantastic Sydney-based interior designer that wanted a website that represented her and spoke to her ideal clients. The “designer” continuously lied to Denby for over 3 years. In the end, she only received a glitchy, half-broken site with software that was updated in 2018! Her website was plagued with issues inside out. This caused her to lose time and money. Luckily, she reached out to us. We exposed the con and then cleaned, fixed and transformed her site into the website Denby wanted and deserved.
Top 9 ways to turn your website into a marketing machine
Each of the 9 is important and effective on its own as it solves a specific problem. But the more you do, the more you transform your website into a successful marketing machine – the faster you accelerate your growth, authority and impact. Take a look at which ones you are already doing and which you need to do for your business.
1. Get clarity and direction on your business and customer’s objectives
- Diagnose what is working well and what needs fixing on your website, including SEO (search engine optimisation).
- Get actionable insights on what to work on first.
- Identify your target audience, target market and ideal client.
- Identify your business objectives, website goals and customer insights.
- Develop a strategy and build a roadmap to guide how to execute it.
2. Plan by stepping into your audience’s shoes
- If you were the customer, how would you search and find the service or product?
- What would they like to know, feel, see, about your product or service?
- When in their website journey would they need to experience the above?
“A great customer centric user experience increases conversions by up to 400%”.
3. Give a great first impression
- Create an unforgettable and memorable experience with unique visual appeal.
- A study showed that 94% of people trust a business based on the visual appeal of their website.
- Dictate how your audience feels and interacts with your brand/business by using the best UI/UX Design practices.
- Great web design contributes to 75% of your business credibility.
4. Build a strong foundation for your marketing machine with WordPress
- Leverage the power and options of WordPress, the world’s largest platform.
- Enjoyed by companies such as Sony, Disney and BBC.
- Scale your site based on your business needs easily with fewer restrictions.
- Enjoy additional SEO benefits with a WordPress site build.
5. Perform ongoing website maintenance & support
- Keep your website backed up.
- Make sure your software is always up to date and secure from hackers/malware.
- Check that your hosting is up and running 24/7.
- Sleep easy at night and stress less. No more nightmares of your website going down.
6. Create quality content that your users love
- Figure out types of content that your users love to engage with.
- Gain credibility in search engines with fresh, useful content.
- Enjoy the benefits of evergreen content that keeps bringing visitors long after you’ve published.
- Get a boost to leads and exposure when your content is shared by readers.
7. Setup email automation
- Stay fresh in your customer’s minds with regular, helpful updates.
- Solve your user’s problems to spark awareness and gain authority.
- Give your users something of value and build their desire to work with you.
- Build an email list of prospects that you can nurture into customers.
8. Optimise your website’s speed
- Ensure your website is optimised to perform at the best it can.
- Avoid SEO penalties that get applied to slow, underperforming websites.
- Attack customers with a fast-loading site – if your website is slow to load, they’ll go elsewhere.
9. Become an authority in your area
- Create quality content that educates your clients.
- Spread your knowledge in more places and formats.
- Mix up what you share online and where to diversify your engagement opportunities.
- Being a helpful part of your community by contributing to it builds natural leads.
Was that helpful?
What areas does your business need help with?
I know that was a lot to take in. If you ever need more info or want to talk about any of this more, simply book a Clarity Call and chat with one of the team to see if we can help you.
Download our Cheatsheet #1 to get started
Have questions? Book in a call
YES, LET'S ACCELERATE GROWTH, AUTHORITY & IMPACT
If any of this is overwhelming to you. Simply book a Clarity Call. It’s free and we promise we won’t sell you anything. Talk to a human being that actually listens to you to see if we can help you.